The Account Manager is part of the agency’s Client Services team and is responsible for driving client success in online marketing programs that include some combination of paid media campaigns, website and landing page projects, and data analytics projects. To do this, the Account Manager must be able to establish effective communications and strong relationships with external and internal teams, while using analytical skills and creative problem-solving to proactively solve complex online marketing problems and exceed client objectives.
It is paramount that you thrive on the buzzing and inspiring atmosphere of a fast-paced national, creative digital agency.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assumes accountability and ownership of online marketing program successes and failures for client accounts in a team environment
- Responsible for ongoing client performance meetings, Quarterly Business Reviews, and other ad hoc communication flows.
- Interfaces with other department leads to share ideas, communicate service offerings, and to identify and deliver new solutions for clients.
- Keeps the agency team apprised of key client opportunities, potential risks, and other key nuances that affect the health of the business.
- Establishes themselves and the agency as trusted partners in online marketing to agency clients.
- Understands organic digital marketing best practices and articulates knowledge effectively.
- Provides excellent communication via phone, emails, and direct contact.
- Effectively creates and delivers client presentations.
- Provides thought leadership to clients across a range of online marketing topics.
- Commands data analysis of key metrics to identify, recommend, and implement changes for increasing the performance of client programs.
- Manages budgeting, forecasting, billing, and invoicing.
- Directs and manages the daily workflow of all client digital marketing programs, including the initiation and management of projects across departments.
- Reviews deliverables for quality and ensures that recommendations and work products are sound and viable.
- Works with the internal media team to create and execute digital marketing strategies and plans for each client.
- Ensures client budgets and deadlines are met.
- B.A./B.S. degree required
- 3–5 years of online marketing industry experience, or strong experience in related fields
- Works well in a kinetic, deadline-driven agency environment
- Effective written and verbal communicator
- Demonstrated industry knowledge and skills
- Accountable for personal intellectual curiosity, staying up to speed in the dynamic, fast-paced industry of Online Marketing
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated project management skills
- Fun, sense of humor
- Likes dogs
- You tell us your Enneagram number in your initial cover letter
- Apple Mac-based business
- Competitive compensation
- Meeting-free Mondays
- Performance reviews every six months
- Annual personal and team bonus programs
- Generous PTO policy
- Ability to develop + refine skills with career advancement opportunities
- Retirement plan (Simple IRA) with healthy employer match contribution
- Employee appreciation programs
- Free coffee
- Stocked fridge with snacks /energy bars, and the occasional beer
- Work with an awesome group of really passionate, talented people
- Office bicycles
For 22 years, The Brand Leader has been creating and leading national brands of various sizes, and to support that brand, a wide array of integrated campaigns, collateral, and websites.
To create these brands and their websites, our Greenville, SC-based team includes creative directors, art directors, and graphic designers with a vast knowledge of design skills, copywriters, and project managers. We are all incredibly proud of our craft and live and breathe branding, marketing, and design – to us, it’s more than just a job!