We’re gonna to cut to the chase: Are you an Art Director who can handle whatever challenge people or clients throw your way? Can you jump from a logo to wireframes and back again with the ease of Clark Kent changing to Superman on the way to a burning building? Yeah that’s you, isn’t it? We thought so.
Your superpower should be in digital design, traditional print layouts, brand guidelines, logos, and PowerPoints. In fact, you’re so skilled that you don’t even mind the medium—you just want your Asana inbox full and to give you the green light to start. You get the point: We want a Swiss Army knife with mind-blowing Adobe chops that will wow more than just your parents who paid for design school. You may also like waffles on Wednesdays—just sayin’.
This wunderkind of a Sr. AD will report to our creative director, work with our copywriters, and may even present to our clients—so please have a personality that fits your work and not one of a wet rag. You’re a grinder, a hustler, and understand when to use your skills of persuasion over your skills of design.
If you hold yourself to the high standard of a New York agency, but want the quality of life that a Greenville, South Carolina agency has to offer, we want to speak to you. Our culture welcomes any gender, race, orientation, or religion, and we offer multiple perks including flextime off, office bikes, paid volunteer days, beers in the office, and heck, you can even bring your dog. We’re not bragging or anything, but we also were the #7 Best Places to Work in SC in 2021 (Small Business).
So send your portfolio, Dribbble account, web site, or any other collection of your work in a unique way to us. Drop it off, send it with an Über, with some food from GrubHub, or email it to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Cleverness shows personality. And, if you’ve read this far, please also tell us your Enneagram Type, favorite designer, and ensure there’re no spelling errors in your cover letter.
- Bachelor’s Degree in an art, fine arts, or graphic design
- Minimum 5 years of experience as an art director or creative director
- 3+ years within an agency environment
- Works well in a kinetic, deadline-driven agency environment
- Demonstrated industry knowledge and skills
- Coordination, Creativity, and Vision
- Excellent time management
- Strong graphic design skills
- Developing creative standards
- Proficiency with illustration and design tools including prominently Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign)
- Proficiency in the Adobe XD process, or exporting files to the development team (via Zeplin or similar programs)
- Proficiency in typography layout (kerning, leading, and flow master)
- Multimedia content development
- Background in Keynote/Powerpoint and Google Suite
- Working knowledge of ZeroHeight for creating brand guidelines
- Excellent communication skills
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Leads the artistic development of marketing and promotional pieces, including print, online, mobile, and video
- Supervises, coaches, and manages a team of graphic designers, photographers, illustrators, production artists, and creative freelancers
- Meets art department work standards by following production, productivity, quality, and customer service standards
- Formulates art concepts by creating the initial designs, then supervising the production team engaged in executing layout designs for artwork and copy to be presented by visual communications media
- Collaborates with designers and other team members to implement creative direction across all brand collateral
- Conceptualizes, coordinates, and directs video and photoshoots
- Identifies creative work process improvements
- Meets art department cost standards by monitoring expenses and implementing cost-saving actions
- Reviews daily design work produced by the art department and provides direction and feedback for revisions to ensure design quality and timelines are met
- Meets and presents final layouts, new brand designs, mood boards, storyboards, and illustrations to clients; and responds to client commentary and requests
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, and participating in professional organizations.
- Enhances art department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests
- Fun, sense of humor
- Previous outdoor and/or lifestyle brand experience
- Likes dogs
- You tell us your Enneagram number in your initial cover letter
- Apple Mac-based business
- Competitive compensation
- Performance reviews every six months
- Generous PTO policy
- Ability to develop and refine skills with career advancement opportunities
- Simple IRA with employer match contribution
- Employee appreciation programs
- Team outings and activities
- Paid team volunteer days
- Bring-your-dog-to-work days
- Snacks and energy bars
- Team happy hour (during the summer)
- Working with an awesome group of really intelligent people
- The coffee is delicious
For 22 years, The Brand Leader has been creating and leading national brands of various sizes, and to support that brand, a wide array of integrated campaigns, collateral, and websites.
Named a 2021 Best Place to Work in South Carolina, we’re a Greenville, SC-based art team that includes creative directors, art directors, and graphic designers with a vast knowledge of design skills, along with project managers. We are all incredibly proud of our craft and live and breathe branding, marketing, and design – to us, it’s more than just a job!