The WordPress Developer is a member of our agency’s Development team, primarily responsible for working with our Design team to bring its visions and designs to life utilizing best practices and scalable methods. He or she will also be responsible for monitoring and maintaining existing web properties, and staying abreast of WordPress’ latest capabilities and the industry’s latest technologies. To do this, the WordPress Developer must be able to establish effective communications and strong relationships with internal teams, remain flexible, and show a willingness to research and learn – while using his or her skills to meet deadlines and ongoing brand/site launches.
It is paramount that you thrive on the buzzing and inspiring atmosphere of a fast-paced national, creative digital agency.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Collaborate with design and development leads to create full websites and applications.
- Monitor and maintain existing web content across existing web properties
- Troubleshoot code problems and conduct QA for all development projects (including those related to cross-browser/cross-platform compatibility, mobile responsiveness, etc.)
- Assist in final website launches
- Research and keep up with the latest in WordPress features and web technology trends and best practices.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field, or 1-2 years of development experience
- WordPress knowledge
- Proficiency in various WordPress-related page builders (including Beaver Builder)
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Excellent professional and written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to multitask and meet deadlines
- Basic knowledge in Photoshop and Invision/XD/Zeplin is a plus.
- Teachable, flexible, and receptive to feedback
- Likes things that start with the letter B (beer, basketball, bourbon, breweries, bacon, etc.)
- Picks up on Seinfeld references quickly
- Respectful of elders (no jokes!)
- You know your Enneagram number and you tell us in your cover letter.
- Apple Mac-based business
- Competitive compensation
- Performance reviews every six months
- Generous PTO policy
- Ability to develop and refine skills with career advancement opportunities
- Simple IRA with employer match contribution
- Employee appreciation programs
- Working with an awesome group of really intelligent people
- The coffee is delicious
For 22 years, The Brand Leader has been creating and leading national brands of various sizes, and to support that brand, a wide array of integrated campaigns, collateral, and websites.
To create these WordPress, HTML, Shopify and WooCommerce sites, this Greenville, SC-based digital team includes developers (with a vast knowledge of technology languages and skills), designers, project managers, and QA’s who are all incredibly proud of their craft and live and breathe it – to them it’s more than just a job!